Mark up your recipe content with structured data to provide rich results and host-specific lists for your recipes, such as reviewer ratings, cooking and preparation times, and nutrition information.
1. First go to WordPress dashboard -> Structured Data -> Schema Types -> click on Add schema Type.
2. In this option you need to select Recipe.
3. In this section, you need to set the condition for the specific post or page or all posts where you want to show Recipe schema.
4. After selecting the placement click on next, congratulation! you’ve successfully set up the schema markup.
On which posts you want to set up “Recipe” schema you need to select that post.
In posts this meta box will be appear you need to click on “modify current schema” option.
First, you need to enable Recipe option after that you can enter information like URL, Name, Data published, Data Modified, Description, etc. once this enter this information Recipe schema will appear on browser.
You are using any recipe plugin and have post around 1000 and you do not want to modify schema on every post just check for our extension. for this, you can download the extension Cooked Compatibility for Schema
You can enable Cooked Compatibility in Schema and Structure plugin by just enabling the option. It’s pretty easy for you to set up because it works out of the box.
- First, Go to WordPress dashboard -> Structure Data -> Settings -> Compatibility
- Please refer the below steps and checked the box of Cooked in the Compatibility section of the options panel and save it.
Output of Recipe Schema
In the source code, JSON schema markup will be added like below the screenshot.
After that, you need to check the schema whether it’s validated or showing error in the Structure data testing tool.
Structure data testing tool: https://search.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool
That’s it for this tutorial!
We hope it helped you. If you have any feedback or questions or do you want us to create compatibility for any other schema type which isn’t listed in our plugin then you can request us we will surely implement it as soon as possible.
Just contact us here and we are always available for you.